The Grower/Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers’ Association (OFVGA) has an exciting opportunity for the right person. We are looking for a Digital Content Lead! The Digital Content Lead will be responsible for promoting the digital voice online and on social media platforms. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, you will be responsible for sourcing and creating daily content for the website and social media platforms. You will also be responsible for a weekly e-newsletter, recording and editing podcasts, database management and the overall management of the website. You must have excellent writing skills and proven experience. You must also possess strong research, investigative, analytical and process development skills. You must be comfortable with a dynamic, multiple stakeholder sector, and adept at managing multiple work streams and competing demands.
Duties and Responsibilities
• In conjunction with the editor you will create and post timely/daily editorial news material to the website and social media platforms
• Monitor horticultural print and online news channels to identify relevant current event and topical news content
• In collaboration with the editor and sales manager, source, research, record and edit weekly sponsored podcasts and promote through social media platforms
• Manage and maintain all social media platforms with the intent to increase digital presence/analytics for The Grower
• Update and maintain thegrower.org daily
• Create weekly Fresh News From the Grower e-newsletter and distribute through MailChimp
• Participate in trade shows as needed/occasional Ontario travel required
• Other duties as may be assigned
The Digital Content Lead will work in a team environment with the print editor and sales manager, and will report directly to the Executive Director
Qualifications: To be successful in this role, you will possess:
• A communications, public relations or journalism/media background, including a degree and/or diploma in journalism, communications or public relations.
• Strong familiarity with horticulture
• Ability to research and create written material, on specific horticultural issues, on a tight deadline
• A hands-on, proactive, organized approach with the ability to actively listen and communicate in a clear, concise and logical manner.
• Ability to confidently maneuver within the following websites and programs: Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Mailchimp, Soundcloud and Audacity editing software
• Ability to attend events within the province of Ontario
• A valid driver’s license
Please respond with resume by March 15 to email@example.com. Only selected applicants will be contacted.