Always an outgoing and marketing-savvy personality, Larry McIntosh will be presented with the 2021 Canadian Produce Person of the Year award on July 21 at 1 pm EDT. Tom Karst, editor of The Packer and Ron Lemaire, president of the Canadian Produce Marketing Association, will hold the virtual award presentation.
After a successful 27-year tenure as president and CEO of Peak of the Market, Larry McIntosh is a worthy honouree. He made the brand a household name in the province of Manitoba and beyond. His signature line: “Don’t forget to eat your veggies!”
In the past, he has worked with local food banks and many non-profit organizations. He currently volunteers his time as a director with the Canadian Red Cross, Rossbrook House Foundation as well as serving as a member of the Canadian Food Policy Advisory Council.
Larry has served on many Boards to volunteer his time and passion to the produce industry:
- Canadian Food Policy Advisory Council Member 2021 to Present
- CPMA Marketing Committee 1997 to present
- CPMA North American Trade Working Group 2011 to present
- Produce Marketing Association, Global Development Committee Member representing Canada 2006 to 2009 and 2019 to 2021
- Canadian Produce Marketing Association Sponsorship Chair for CPMA 2018 Vancouver Convention & Trade Show 2017 to 2018
- Produce Marketing Association Membership Committee 2014 to 2017 (Chair 2015/2016)
- Canadian Produce Marketing Association Director 1997 to 2013 (Chair 2007/2008)
- Produce Marketing Association Director 2010 to 2013
To offer congratulations, join the Zoom presentation here: Wednesday, July 21 at 1:00 p.m. EDT (Noon CDT)
Meeting ID: 963 0830 4334