Thanks to the keen gourmet tastes of foodie Dan Tukendorf, the new booth of the Ontario Fruit & Vegetable Growers’ Association and The Grower will have handcrafted popsicles. In his day job as OFVGA program manager, he takes on many roles, but none so important as booth design and strategy.
“Hey, food always works!” he says.
Tukendorf has ordered gourmet popsicles in local Ontario-inspired flavours. They include:
- Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
- Peach Mimosa (made with Ontario peaches and sparkling wine)
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Blueberry Pie
- Cherry Whiskey Sour (made with Ontario cherries and Ontario craft rye whiskey)
- Strawberry Lemon Rose (made with Ontario rose wine)
The popsicles are sourced from Kari Marshall of the Pop Stand in Toronto.