Farm & Food Care Ontario’s (FFCO) 2018-2019 board of directors will now be helmed by Christine Schoonderwoerd. Nominated by Wallenstein Feed & Supply Ltd, she replaces apple grower Brian Gilroy, who steps into the role of past chair.
“I am very excited to be stepping into the role of chair of Farm & Food Care Ontario,” said Schoonderwoerd. “Our organization has a very important role to play in Ontario’s agricultural industry, and I’m looking forward to working with the board and our members to further our mission of earning public trust in food and farming.”
FFCO’s new vice-chair is Dave McEachren, nominated by Grain Farmers of Ontario. Chris Cossitt of Ontario Pork moves into the role of second vice chair and Jim Gowland of the Ontario Bean Growers was re-elected as treasurer.
The membership of FFCO elected four new directors to the board at the organization’s annual general meeting on April 11. Newly elected directors in the board’s At Large and Livestock categories include:
• Crispin Colvin, nominated by Ontario Federation of Agriculture
• Ed Scharringa, nominated by Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario
• Bonnie den Haan, nominated by Dairy Farmers of Ontario
• Jordan Fois, nominated by Chicken Farmers of Ontario
Two returning directors in the crop category were acclaimed:
• Joe Hickson, Ontario Seed Growers’ Association
• Dave McEachren, Grain Farmers of Ontario
Other members of the Board of Directors include:
• Janelle Caldwell, Egg Farmers of Ontario
• Chris Cossitt, Ontario Pork
• Brian Gilroy, Ontario Fruit & Vegetable Growers’ Association
• Jim Gowland, Ontario Bean Growers
• Les Nichols, Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association
• Christine Schoonderwoerd, Wallenstein Feed & Supply Ltd.
Dave Cavanagh of Beef Farmers of Ontario will serve as chair of the Farm Animal Advisory Council and Brendan Byrne of Grain Farmers of Ontario will serve as chair of the Farm
Environment Advisory Council.
Source: Farm & Food Care Ontario April 23, 2018 news release.