The Ontario government has updated its guidelines on applying for financial assistance for personal protective equipment.
Enhancements to the program include:
- Project costs incurred on or after March 15, 2020 will now be eligible under the enhanced programming.
- To simplify the program and provide assistance faster reimbursing eligible expenses without requiring pre-approval up to the maximum per eligible business/per property as long as funding is available.
- The program has been expanded to include operations that provide off-farm packing services (i.e. cooling, storing, washing, sorting, packing) for products such as fruit and vegetables, as well as organizations that offer corn detasseling services.
- Support is also now available for producers and other operations to assist with costs for short-term accommodation and transportation related to preventive measures, as well as those incurred in addressing an illness or outbreak.
- 70 per cent funding
- Funding is limited to $7,500 per business
- Funding is limited to $7,500 per property
- $7,500 limit is calculated based on the amount of all payments made under both this Program (i.e., the Enhanced Agri-Food Workplace Protection Program) and the previous Program (i.e., Agri-Food Workplace Protection Program for Producers)
Details in the link below
Source: Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs