Owing to its growing success in Canada, Kubota Canada Ltd. (KCL) will be moving its operations to a new facility located in Pickering, Ontario, by the end of 2019. As part of the company’s ongoing commitment to deliver high-quality products and top-tier customer service, the new facility will be designed to house its head office and warehouse operations. KCL has continuously operated in Canada from Markham, Ontario, since 1975, and this project marks a new opportunity for the brand.
“In Canada, the construction, agriculture, commercial and residential sectors are all highly competitive markets, which gives us the motivation to strengthen our leadership among Canadian customers and dealers. It had become obvious that we needed a new state-of-the-art facility to ensure we could live up to our commitments to meet the increasing needs of our growing customer base,” said Bob Hickey, president of Kubota Canada Ltd. “We are very thankful for the trust our dealers and customers place in our products and services.”
The new Pickering facility in numbers:
• Surface area: 565,500 square feet (sf), with the possibility of increasing to 1,000,000 sf in the future
• Financial investment: approximately $67 million CAD for the land and building
• Employment: KCL plans to grow employment from 190 current employees to 250 employees by 2027
- Fall 2018: Construction expected to begin
- End of 2019: KCL starts moving its offices to its new location in two phases:
• Phase 1: Head Office and Whole Goods
• Phase 2: Parts
Facility features: enhanced testing, training and increased warehousing areas with room for future expansion.
Source: Kubota Canada April 12, 2018 news release