The Boards of Directors of the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) and United Fresh Produce Association (United Fresh) have agreed to a new global trade association combining their resources and expertise.
The two associations will continue to operate independently through 2021, with the new association to be launched January 1, 2022. The new entity will be led jointly by Cathy Burns, PMA and Tom Stenzel, United Fresh as Co-CEOs throughout 2022. After that time, Burns will become the sole CEO.
Over the past several months, both CEOs have worked with a group of board leaders from each association to develop the strategic commitments for the new association that serves as the core of the Agreement in Principle.
- Commitment to serve all sectors of the global fresh produce and floral supply chains, growing our global membership and participation.
- Commitment to government advocacy and leadership to build and maintain a positive business climate in the United States and the North American market so critical to our members’ success.
- Commitment to global engagement with international bodies and allied organizations to promote free and fair trade, international harmonization of standards, and worldwide growth in consumption.
- Commitment to providing expertise and business solutions in food safety, new technology, supply chain management, sustainability, leadership and talent development, business operations, marketing and more.
- Commitment to bringing all sectors of our diverse supply chain together to better understand our interconnections and support efficiency and profitability throughout the chain.
- Commitment to enhance business-to-business sales and marketing connections across the produce and floral supply chains.
- Commitment to demand creation to inspire consumers to embrace produce and floral products as essential parts of their lives, while increasing profitable sales of members’ products.
For more detail, go here:
United Fresh’s FAQ Page here: https://www.unitedfresh.org/united-fresh-and-pma-faqs/
PMA’s FAQ page here: https://www.pma.com/content/press-releases/2021/new-association-faqs
Source: PMA/United Fresh March 31, 2021 news release