Spirits were high for the 96th Canadian Produce Marketing Association Convention and Trade Show with more than 3,600 registrants representing the entire produce supply chain. The event was held April 5-7, 2022 in Montréal.
Hearty congratulations to the winners of this year’s awards.
- Fresh Health Award – Gwillimdale Farms
- Young Professional Award – Stewart Lapage, The Oppenheimer Group
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Alain Routhier, Courchesne Larose Ltd
- The Packer’s Produce Person of the Year Award – Mimmo Franzone, Longo Brothers Fruit Markets Inc.
Best Booth Awards
- Best Island Booth Award –Mucci Farms
- Best Inline Booth Award – _Ponderosa Mushrooms
- Best First-Time Exhibitor Booth Award– _ALLWays Local produce
New Product Showcase Awards
- Best New Product Award – Simple Sides by Highline Mushrooms
- Best Snackable Product Award – Salted Hot Cocoa Nut Mix by Natursource Inc.
- Packaging Innovation Award – ReadyCycle sustainable packaging by Sambrailo Packaging
- New Technology Award– Open Plastics Project by The Star Group
- Organics Award – Natural Organics Grape Tomatoes by Mucci Farms
By the numbers, the trade show accommodated exhibitors from more than 270 companies. Among those were 131 international exhibitors, 144 Canadian exhibitors (including 44 exhibitors from Quebec), and 77 first-time exhibitors. The 2022 New Product Showcase included 69 products from 49 different companies.
Mark your calendar for this event next year, April 25-27, 2023 in Toronto.
Source: Canadian Produce Marketing Association April 11, 2022 news release