The North American Blueberry Council (NABC) has announced the full slate of its recently elected board of directors, including new president Pat Goin of Goin’s Blueberry Lane in Indiana, and other board officers. Starting in 2023, the board has been expanded from six to 15 members.
Canadian Jason Smith, Fraser Berry Farms, Abbotsford, BC. joins the board. He’s also chair of the crop protection committee of Fruit and Vegetable Growers of Canada.
The NABC board is charged with addressing issues, opportunities and industry practices that drive success and profitability in the production and distribution of blueberries in North America and around the world. Over the past two years, the NABC’s board leadership has taken a bold approach to further develop and drive the organization’s mission, including the expansion of board representation and new categories of membership to encourage membership growth.
In addition to Pat Goin, the 2023 executive board includes:
• Teddy Koukoulis, Chair Elect, Fabulous Farms LLC
• Ellie Norris, Secretary, Norris Farms LLC
• Art Galletta, Treasurer, Atlantic Blueberry Co.
• Ken Patterson, Past Chair, Island Grove LLC
Newly elected members of the board include:
• Tom Avinelis, AgriCare Inc.
• Chelsea Consalo, Consalo Family Farms
• David Jackson, Family Tree Farms
• Brittany Lee, Florida Blue Farms
• Jason Smith, Fraser Berry Farms
• Cesar Ortiz Mendoza, Aba Value/Berries Paradise
• Bo Slack, California Giant Berry Farms
• Ryan Lockman, North Bay Produce
• Derek Eisele, Scenic Fruit
• Todd Sanders, California Blueberry Commission
Source: North American Blueberry Council January 18, 2023 news release